To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: Emergency Management
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Salary: $12.74 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: $12.74/hr.
Reports To: Emergency Management Director
Department: Emergency Management Date: October, 2018
The job duties of the Administrative Assistant II include but are not limited to provide clerical support for the Emergency Management and Rural Fire Department; to prepare state and federal statistical reports, recordkeeping and reception work; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Administrative Assistant II might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County resolutions for the position of Administrative Assistant II. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Compile documents including statistical reports as requested.
- Enter information and data in the computer.
- Type, copy, file and distribute correspondence, memorandum and bills.
- Maintain volunteer databases with contact and other information.
- Copy and distribute department information for the public.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Pick up and deliver mail.
- As primary receptionist, provide high quality customer service when answering the phone, relaying messages, paging staff and greeting citizens who come in the office.
- Issue County burn permits. Track county burns daily and monthly.
- Prepare purchase vouchers for payment of expenses.
- Track purchases and status of budget spending.
- Take supplies to emergency management or fire scene as requested.
- Produce identification cards and maintain database.
- Operate emergency radio equipment to communicate during an emergency.
- Maintain the County (EM & Fire) websites with up-to-date information.
- Issue and maintain firework permits for Geary County.
- Maintain Geary County Fire Advisory Group database and send out Fire Advisory Group meeting notices.
- Create correspondence for Emergency Management and Fire Department to include e-mails, electronic messages and notifications.
- Maintain a database of all GEFD maintenance expenses.
- Maintain a database of all CERT members and distribute information as needed.
- Assist in scheduling events and registering attendees.
- Update department’s laptop as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years of experience in secretarial, clerical and/or office administration with at least two (2) years of experience in Microsoft Office software.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Geary County geography map reading and basic navigation skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local ordinances, procedure manuals, SDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel), etc.
- Ability to accurately use GIS system.
- Ability to use emergency radio equipment.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, SDS sheets, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, etc; and warning labels.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM