To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Responsible for all phases of payroll computation and production for the college. Monitors state and federal rules as they pertain to compensation and benefits.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll that includes analyzing, verifying and inputting confidential information.
- Processes payroll checks.
- Answers employee questions regarding payroll and benefits.
- Prepares payroll purchase orders and wage garnishments, Section 125 reimbursements, and employment verifications.
- Maintain employee and payroll files.
- Participate on college committees.
- Coordinate benefit management with Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To maintain systems to ensure functionality and enhancements of the Payroll/HRIS system
- To remain apprised, informed and educated about payroll/HRIS issues, laws, and regulatory changes that may impact the college.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Executive Vice President on key payroll and employee benefit issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's degree.
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills Thorough knowledge of government requirements and procedures for payroll; Working knowledge of applicable benefits and deductions; Basic computer skills including spreadsheet software knowledge; Three years experience in payroll required; five years preferred. Two years in employee benefits, or accounting desired. Word-processing, computer database, and payroll software experience is also required (MS Office products preferred). Good communication skills including the ability to define and explain payroll and benefit regulations and procedures; Basic bookkeeping knowledge. Word processing skills (Microsoft Office preferred); experience with an HRIS and higher education background preferred.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Melanie Hands, Coordinator of Disabilities, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM