Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Community Support Services Office Specialist
Salary: $12.506 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Greet public, provide customer service and general reception as well as provide office and administrative support required to ensure timely processing of program referrals, outcome reporting and program functioning at all levels of service. Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others. Employee must be able to complete complex tasks by applying standard office policies, authorized instructions, and past precedents to achieve a desired outcome. Employee must quickly recognize emergency or sensitive situations and take appropriate action. Critical decision making and the ability to think through the consequences of a decision are essential in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet clients professionally and promptly
- Answer phones in a professional manner and route appropriately
- Verify demographic and insurance information and update in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Prepare excuse notes as requested
- Open and close the office as needed
- Maintain cleanliness/tidiness of lobby
- Use overhead or through-the-phone paging
- Check in clients and notify providers as appropriate
- Request interpreters
- Check and distribute faxes from the fax folders
- Schedule meeting room space for staff
- Distribute agency and med staff surveys
- Maintain copy machines and printers
- Maintain visitor’s log, authorized visitor forms
- Distribute interoffice and postal mail, prepare for pick up
- Accurately schedule follow up appointments as requested by staff or clients
- Provide client with appointment card
- Schedule interpreters for clients using MCO interpreter or contracted interpreters.
- Open clients and schedule appointments for other programs as requested
- Cancel appointments if a provider is out of the office
- Distribute client rights and responsibilities
- Prepare financial updates for clients
- Complete releases of information as needed or requested
- Set up insurance coverage and fee matrix
- Verify insurance and income
- Monitor batch errors
- Problem solve billing issues at the program level
- Collect payments on accounts
- Receipt payments for client and note in EMR
- Enter note in EMR for clients who are not able to make payments
- Prepare payments for deposit and complete reconciliation form
- Verify KMAP
- Enter authorizations-Vendor authorizations or others as needed
- Prepare letters for closure, participation, missed appointments and outreach
- Enter screen and assessment transactions when appropriate
- Enter data in other systems as required
- Maintain staff contact lists and emergency contact lists
- Gather and enter Metric Data for Strategy Team as assigned
- Track and trend bus pass usage for programs as requested
- Send reminders to staff for clients who need to complete financials
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly; focusing on being part of the solution.
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
- Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 2 years general office experience
- License, certifications, etc… Must pass KBI, DCF child abuse check, adult abuse registry, and motor vehicle screens. Must complete orientations provided by Sedgwick County and COMCARE.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Background checks including but not limited to KBI & DCF child and adult abuse registry. • Driver’s license check • Pre-employment urine drug screen. •Could include typing test for final candidates with minimum 45 WPM.
Candidates must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Programs. •They will need to be able to type and use multi-line phones.
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location of work: 4035 E Harry
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
12/17/2018 12:00:00 AM
2/17/2019 11:59:59 PM