To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Goodwill Industries
Division: Goodwill Industries
Job Title: Transportation Dispatcher/Coordinator
Salary: $0 Hourly
Coordinate transportation, trucks, trailers, and drivers daily activities in support of Retail and Contract locations. Available to assist other departments with transportation logistics issues, vehicle utilization, and customer provided services. Work with the other departments inside the Goodwill agency focused on the most cost-effective manner for services provided. Work under the general supervision of the Warehouse & Transportation Supervisor & VP of Industrial Services. Supervises truck drivers’ daily schedules.
1. Coordinate daily pickup/delivery with trucks and trailers for Retail and Contracts.
2. Contact retail stores and contracts to determine transportation needs.
3. Coordinate with truck drivers on pick-ups for the day and be able to map out routes.
4. Maintain contact with company drivers and provide assistance with road, traffic, or rescheduling issues.
5. Provide continuity of coverage from initial communication through collection and transport and delivery of materials and donated items.
6. Contact, negotiate and plan logistics with vendors for salvage purchases.
7. Assure trucks & trailers are loaded and unloaded at all Goodwill locations.
8. Work with dock and warehouse personnel to ensure trailers & trucks are unloaded.
9. Maintain varies records and information necessary to complete job assignments.
10. Monitor DOT Compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for scheduling trailer rotations and coordinating store supply deliveries.
2. Responsible for coordinating trash pickups, salvage pickups and all shipping and receiving in conjunction with the department.
3. Attend all meetings required of i.e.: staff meetings, dept. meetings and safety meetings.
4. Encourage the work skills and habits of the client working as truck helpers and warehouse personnel.
5. Assure scheduled runs take place.
6. Protect and maintain reputation of Goodwill through contact with all stakeholders to Goodwill.
7. Adhere to all safety policies and reports violations.
8. Adhere to all ethical standards and confidentiality of records.
9. Support mission statement and activities of other departments.
10. Support the accessibility of our services and facilities free of architectural, attitudinal, environmental, financial, communication, transportation, employment and other barriers to persons with disabilities and barriers to employment.
11. Other duties as assigned
Apply online at:goodwillks.org/jobs
Job Opening Location: 3636 N. Oliver Wichita Ks
12/18/2018 12:00:00 AM