To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Liberal
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
This position will be required to provide technical system hardware and software support to computer system development, use and/ or maintenance and to solve, or cause the vendor to solve, technical systems software problems. Suitable candidates are responsible for installing and maintaining operating and security systems software, and for designing new, or modifying existing, technical software to meet production support requirements. The IT Systems Technician assists in the formulation and preparation of computer programs used for systems performance measurement and security; participates in the quality assurance review of all new systems development activity; assists other staff in the identification and solution of technical systems software problems; and administers security for all IT-supported applications on mainframe and mini-computer systems. A suitable candidate for this position will work under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Director.
- Designs, modifies, installs, and maintains operating and security systems software and related equipment to provide efficient, accurate utilization and minimum downtime;
- Identifies and solves system operating problems;
- Analyzes and diagnoses problems related to the operating systems and develops effective solutions;
- Provides technical assistance to staff;
- Installs and customizes upgrades to systems software;
- Prepares and presents formal and informal instruction to personnel;
- Writes clear, complete and accurate reports from analysis of research or investigation;
- Evaluates the feasibility of modifications to, or replacement of, hardware.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality end user support.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hardware and technical software operations for a medium to large enterprise networks.
- Job submission and output criteria and how to debug systems to prevent or resolve errors or malfunctions.
- Data security through least privilege techniques.
- Machine capabilities and procedures for their effective utilization.
- Communicate orally with staff or the public in face-to-face one-on-one settings, in group settings, or using a telephone.
- Analyze systems and procedures accurately and logically and implement improvements.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive arm-hand movements such as a calculator or computer keyboard.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, on both technical and nontechnical matters.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written materials in the English language.
- Remain in a sitting position for extended periods.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper English sentence construction, punctuation and grammar.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships by working cooperatively with others.
- Enter data or information into a terminal, PC or other keyboard device.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 10 Professional
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Experience with Linux a plus
- Experience with VMWARE a plus
- Experience with Routers, Switches, Wireless Access points a plus
- Experience with Sonicwall security appliances a plus, but not required
- Prior law enforcement, Local / State government a plus, but not required.
- Experience with SQL language (MySQL / MSSQL)
- Pass a background check
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
A minimum of three (3) years of responsible experience in technical systems software (i.e., Active Directory, Telco and Operating Systems). Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- A minimum of A+, Security + or Network + certificates
- Experience with Switches, Routers, Access Points
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification a plus, but not required
12/18/2018 12:00:00 AM