To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Salary: $65000.00 Annually
POSITION DESCRIPTION: SENIOR FINANCE ANALYST
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The primary function of the Senior Finance Analyst is to serve as primary backup to the Controller and Director of Finance, Budgets & Reporting. This position will also provide ongoing support and improvement of the college’s Finance Information System (Banner) and supporting interfaces and systems (Cognos, Etrieve, EMS, etc.). This position will be equally comprised of technical, functional and support related tasks. This position will provide system process analysis, testing, troubleshooting and support in the areas of Finance & Administration. This position will actively consult and partner with Finance, Information Technology and other departments as needed to drive process improvement, drive best practices, build automation, and provide day-to-day support of business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and procedures. Serves as primary backup to the Controller and Director of Finance, Budgets & Reporting.
- Will complete various duties of the accounting cycle each month to ensure knowledge and understanding is current and department deadlines are met.
- Analyzes existing processes and procedures in the functional user departments, identifies problems and areas for improvement, and provides solutions and enhancements.
- Designs, develops, and implements new processes and procedures in the functional user departments.
- Acts as a liaison between Finance and Information Technology to effectively manage projects and tickets to resolution and recommend additional development based on needs
- Assists in the designing, configuring, developing, testing, and implementing of approved applications, forms, interfaces, etc.
- Prepares and maintains forms, documentation, and manuals as needed for effective implementation, maintenance, and continued operation of applications
- Prepares and participates in internal and external user training and education as needed.
- Works closely with the college’s technology staff to test software upgrades and patches.
- Communicates with other University data systems, professional organizations, vendors, and user groups to ensure ongoing technical competence, evolution, and innovation.
- Ensures that required interfaces with other systems and internal and external organizations are tested and maintained.
- Develops end-user documentation and training materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of financial/accounting experience preferably in education or a non-profit environment, required.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial management techniques required.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, 10-key, and other office equipment.
- Ability to work independently to problem-solve and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and extreme attention to detail are required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information, and effectively communicate results to a variety of people at various levels in the College.
- Application of ethical standards to business practices and decision-making and apply the same standards to the actions of colleagues and subordinates.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
12/20/2018 12:00:00 AM