To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Geary County
Division: Community Corrections
Job Title: Administrative Secretary
Salary: $13.00 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Administrative Secretary
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: $13.00/hr
Reports To: Community Corrections Director
Department: Community Corrections Date: December 2017
The job duties of the Administrative Secretary include but are not limited to provide administrative assistance to the Director; to perform office administrative, secretarial, advanced clerical and support functions; to assist the Director with technical and general administrative duties; serve as a liaison with other departments, staff, outside agencies and the general public; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to all county residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Administrative Secretary might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Administrative Secretary. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Perform office administrative, secretarial, advanced clerical and programmatic support functions.
- Serve as a liaison between assigned office and the general public, staff, and outside groups and agencies.
- Investigate and answer complaints; provide assistance in resolving operational and administrative problems.
- Refer complaints to appropriate staff for further assistance if needed.
- Explain programs, policies and activities related to specific program area of assignment.
- Compile, prepare, and enter data into a computer from various sources.
- Maintain tracking information and reports including assigned databases, records and lists. Create statistical spreadsheets when needed.
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, payroll and benefits for the department.
- Order supplies; arrange for equipment repair, etc.
- Serve as secretary at meetings of boards and committees as assigned.
- Assist in preparing and distributing agenda packets and correspondence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree in business administration, office management, secretarial science or related field is preferred.
- Three (3) years of secretarial, clerical and office experience.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must pass annual criminal background check, including Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check and fingerprints.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of Community Corrections.
- Knowledge of those policies and procedures unique and specific to Geary County and the 8th Judicial District.
- Working knowledge of the criminal justice system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with probation departments, outside service providers, and the community.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software, etc.
- Minimum of one-year experience with setting up accounts in QuickBooks.
- 1 year of Accounts payable and/or receivable experience required.
- Must understand and be able to work within Excel.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate information and teach and train others regarding policies and processes in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to assist with preparing annual budget for grant renewals.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 20 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Nature of the work may place employee in varying levels of stressful situations.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ __________________________ __________
Supervisor Date Human Resources Director Date
I have reviewed the Job Description for the position of Administrative Secretary as well as the list of expectations for 8th Judicial District Community Corrections employees. I understand the position requirements described and agree to uphold the requirements to the best of my ability. Any questions I may have in relation to the work required of the position shall be brought to the attention of my supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
12/27/2018 12:00:00 AM