To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Division: Public Utilities
Job Title: Maintenance Worker I-Water Distribution
Salary: $12.85 Hourly
Public Utilities- Maintenance Worker I
Pay Scale: Starting wage $12.85 Hourly, Subject to on-call, call outs, and overtime. Excellent fringe benefit package. Physical mobility and drug and alcohol testing is required. The City of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/ADA. E-verification upon hire.
Position Summary: Maintains and operates equipment and performs various maintenance duties within the Water Distribution Division. Classification level will be based on mastery of skill and division needs.
- Replace or repair water lines for maintenance projects, install new water lines and sewer lines, repair manholes, repair and replace valves, hydrants, taps, and service meters. Use proper disinfection procedures for putting water mains back in service.
- Maintain basic knowledge of lift stations.
- Maintains an awareness of the operation of a variety of tools and equipment. Operates the tools and equipment assuring for compliance with safety procedures.
- Maintains an “on Call” status as scheduled assuring for coverage.
- Performs complete cleanup of job sites after service.
- In the field, performs duties assigned by lead operator.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations
Education and Experience:
- Vaild Kansas Drivers License
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- CDL Class B (Must obtain within first 6 months of employment)
Above Average ability to:
- Concentrate for prolonged periods of time with minimal breaks
- Remember information
- Make complex decisions
- Solve problems
Average ability to:
- Utilize five senses including distinguishing color
- Move from place to place on the jobsite considering distance and speed
- Maneuver body and move with agility
- Handle equipment and tools
- Handle 80 pound objects and tools
- Move hands and fingers
- Maintain coordination, balance and endurance
- Average exposure to heights.
Above average exposure to:
- Weather and temperature extremes
- Work safety hazards including below grade and cramped work sites
- Overtime and extended hours
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, loud noises, and darkness
1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM
2/28/2019 11:59:59 PM