To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Salary: $14.19 Hourly
Public Works Equipment Operator I
Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: $14.19 hourly starting wage, Subject to on-call, call outs, and overtime. Excellent fringe benefit package. A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol testing is required. The City of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/ADA. E-verification upon hire.
Position Summary: . Performs a variety of skilled and complex maintenance work and operated a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of City streets and other infrastructure.
- Operates various heavy equipment, including but not limited to front end loader, backhoe, motor grader, dozer, street sweeper, crack sealing machine, slur machine, flusher truck, asphalt roller, bob cat, wood chippers, and dump trucks.
- Maintains equipment on both a preventative and corrective maintenance schedule including and documenting all repairs.
- Deals with the public and other City staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Serves as crew lead and site supervisor including directing Maintenance Workers and Operator I as required.
- Performs various maintenance duties including but not limited to cleaning storm sewers and ditches, clearing streets, repairing potholes, tree trimming or removal and working on concrete and asphalt projects.
- Assists with projects for other departments and divisions.
- Provides assistance in locating storm sewers for contractors.
- Performs general construction assignments, ground preparation for new buildings, and building of new roads according to specifications.
- Assists with culvert repairs, keeps ditches clean and free of obstacles, assists with snow removal and salt/sand distribution.
- Maintains an awareness of the operation of a variety of tools and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of experience relation to construction, maintenance, or repair
- Valid Class A CDL (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment)
1/10/2019 12:00:00 AM
5/31/2019 11:59:59 PM