To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Laborer/Maintenance Worker I - Streets
Salary: $13.38 Hourly
Laborer/Maintenance Worker I - Streets
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Laborer/Maintenance Worker I. Under the supervision of the Street Superintendent or the Assistant Street Superintendent, the Laborer/Maintenance Worker I performs manual labor tasks in street repair and maintenance, flood control operations and maintenance, and other maintenance tasks performed by the Public Works Department. The employee in this position will operate vehicles, mechanical equipment, and hand tools to accomplish various tasks.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license; CDL preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Understanding of basic construction principles.
- Ability to receive, understand, and comply with written and verbal instruction.
- General knowledge of street construction, maintenance, and repair; general carpentry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain a variety of motorized equipment, including but not limited to: self-propelled tractor-mower, dump truck, snow plow, pickup truck, jackhammer, tamper, and chainsaw.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, City officials, business entities, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 6 - $13.38 to $18.06 per hour
Date Opened: January 11, 2019
Date Closed: February 3, 2019
Hours: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Summer Hours: 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Some overtime may be required.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
1/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
2/3/2019 11:59:59 PM