To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: PT Billing/Quality Assurance Clerk
Salary: $13.813 Hourly
Reviews electronic patient care reports for complete and accurate demographic information. Ensures necessary forms and signatures are obtained as required for billing. Verify rates charged match documentation for services provided. Performs related work to have a positive impact on EMS billing/collections.
Regular, reliable and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Essential Job Functions:
EMS Billing Compliance
- Review (EPCR) electronic patient care reports for accuracy to ensure completeness before release to billing vendor.
- Validate demographic and payer information is recorded on EPCR using applicable facility or payer websites in accordance with established procedures; enter changes if needed in patient report.
- Validate required signatures and/or forms are documented or attached to record as driven by specific insurance billing requirements.
- Communicate with internal or external resources to facilitate resolving any identified concerns.
- Assist in answering phone and/or assisting walk in customers.
Serve as backup for Administrative Assistant position
- Assist in daily duties as needed which might include mail, creation of billing batch spreadsheets used in compliance review.
Customer/Client Orientation: Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; gains customer trust and respect; meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Detail-Oriented: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled. Follows process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures. Reviews materials to ensure they are accurate, clear, and concise. Performs follow-up to ensure quality of work product and/or actions are completed.
Analytical Thinking: Works systematically and logically to resolve problems, identify causation and anticipate unexpected results. Manages issues by drawing on own experience and knowledge and calls on other resources as necessary.
Time Management: Shows ability to plan, schedule, and direct work of self. Balances task requirements and individual abilities; organizes materials to accomplish tasks; sets high standards and well-defined, realistic goals for one’s self. Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision and is motivated to achieve.
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
- Years of Experience: One (1) year of medical or insurance office experience or equivalent education.
- Proficient computer skills, some experience with Microsoft Office programs; specifically Word and Excel.
- Educational Requirements: Coursework in HealthCare billing
- Years of Experience: One (1) year of experience in healthcare billing or insurance. Related work or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (up to 20 hours per week)
Location of work: 714 N. Main
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
1/15/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/1/2019 11:59:59 PM