To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Division: Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection
Job Title: Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker I
Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker I
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, or Crew Chief, the Water Distribution/Wastewater Collection Maintenance Worker I makes repairs and performs maintenance on all aspects of the water distribution and sewer collection system. Examples of duties would be assisting with the repairs and replacement of valves, hydrants, water taps, and meters. This employee will assist with the safe operation of heavy equipment used in the performance of assigned tasks.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must obtain a valid CDL, Class B, with airbrakes and tanker endorsements within the first six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Knowledge of water and sewer distribution/collection systems.
- Knowledge of water and sewer construction materials, measurements, and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to operate job-related equipment as detailed in Essential Job Functions.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, City officials, business entities, and the general public.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 6 - $13.38 to $18.06
Date Opened: January 30, 2019
Date Closed: February 3, 2019
Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received information within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail email@example.com.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
1/30/2019 12:00:00 AM
3/3/2019 11:59:59 PM