To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Academics/Gen Ed & Health Sciences/Nursing
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Nursing PN Program (LPN)
Adjunct Faculty Nursing (PN) Program pay is determined by degree: $525 per credit hour for BSN; $750 per credit hour for MSN and $800 per credit hour for PHD, Professional (MD, JD, EdD. etc.)
Adjunct faculty will provide instruction in the classroom, skills lab and clinical settings for all aspects of the PN program as assigned. Day, afternoon, evening, weekend, and/or on-line classes may be available. The course may be on a WATC Campus, in a local High School or at Clinical Partner's site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relates to students in aprofessional manner that demonstrates respect for the individual
- Reviews course content with administrator or designee prior to instruction
- Creates and provides students with a detailed syllabus which contains the elements specified ont he College syllabus template
- Submits the syllabus/syllabi two weeks before the beginning of class
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time
- Presents instruction in a manner consistent with PN lesson objectives and course outcomes
- Returns graded work in a timely and consistent manner
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives
- Performs paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning
- Submits grades by the established due date and assist the registrar in maintaining an accurate record of class enrollment
- Maintains records of student achievement in the event of a grade appeal
- Meets with Program Director , Coordinators and/or Dean as requested; and, maintains close communication with the Program Director regarding any classroom or learning issues that may arise.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REquired Knowledge, Skills adn Abilities:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications.
- Complies with hiring requirements of College
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibits professional, friendly manner to students, staff, administration, visitors, and others.
- Obtains at own expense yearly TB test and other immunizations or physical examinations as required by clinical sites.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper safety and handling of materials used in the field.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Demonstrates professionalism and positive work ethics.
- Accepts responsibility and fulfills commitments while promoting collaboration between day and evening program faculty.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skill Needed:
- Meets educational and occupational requirements of external accrediting agencies and the college: BSN required, MSN preferred. (For clinical instruction only an ADN is required, BSN or BS if granted prior to July 2001 is preferred). An ADN (clinical only instructor) will be required to submit and maintain a plan of study to KSBN and the college indicating active participation in a degree completion program to be completed within 5 years of hire.
- Possesses current immunization(s) as required by profession.
- Has and maintains a current Kansas RN license throughout employment.
- Two years current occupational experience.
- Has and maintains Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Experience in adult education preferred
Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens requiring hepatitis B vaccine or signed waiver. Demonstrates hearing and visual acuity consistent with performance of job requirements. Physical requirements including lifting, standing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, and repetitive movements required of respective occupation. Demonstrates finger and manual dexterity required of occupation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Data entry/typing is required. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
2/8/2019 12:00:00 AM