To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Kingman
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Full-Time EMTs provide emergency medical care in a pre-hospital setting to the fullest potential of his or her scope of practice. This position will have tasks as assigned by the EMS Director and will serve as a crucial member of the EMS Department. Duties may contain but are not limited to responding to emergency calls, performing transfers, statistical and data entry, general vehicle and building maintenance, assisting in training (up to his or her scope of practice), public relations and education, and other duties as assigned.
The City of Kingman offers competitive pay, KPERS Retirement, Dental Insurance, and Health Insurance. Family and Single health insurance plans are covered 100% by the City. Full-Time EMTs work 40-hour work weeks with a combination of 12, 8, and 4 hour shifts that allows flexibility for both the employee and department. Kingman EMS is expanding with the purchase of a new station. We plan to move into the new building this Spring and we will likely transition to 24-hour shifts in the future.
Previous field technician experience is preferred but not required. It will be required of this employee to function in this position within six months of start date. This provider is likely to be staffed with an Advanced Medical Provider; however, there will be rare occasions when the FT EMT will be staffed with Part-Time staff of the same certification or lower with varying degrees of experience. Therefore, this employee must be able to attend to patients with emergency conditions, such as cardiac arrest, without support of another equally or higher certified technician or supervision once released from general orientation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Kansas EMT certification
- Departmental Pit-Crew CCR/CPR within 1 month of hire
- CPR Instructor (ability to obtain within six months)
- NIMS ICS 100 and 700 (obtained by end of orientation)
- Additional NIMS ICS is optional and encouraged
- Must be able to squat and kneel
- Exerts more than 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 25-50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10-25 pounds of force constantly.
- Must be able to read small print (i.e. size 5 -Times New Roman) such as that found on medication labels
2/11/2019 12:00:00 AM