To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Art Instructor
Salary: $0 Monthly
- Teach courses in art. Course schedule will vary from semester to semester and may include a combination of classes such as entry level survey of art, drawing and ceramics. Assignment may include Elementary School Art course for education majors.
- May advise current and prospective students in appropriate curricula.
- Assist in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Plan and implement appropriate activities to supplement instruction.
- Plan, revise, and update curricula.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by Pratt Community College.
- Participate, when possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Serve actively on institutional committees.
- Maintain records and files as requested by the Department Chairperson and/or Vice President of Instruction.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with Pratt Community College policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chairperson or the Vice President of Instruction.
- Master’s Degree in Art.
- Previous art teaching experience preferred.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience in art at the high school and/or collegiate level preferred.
- Art technology/computer literacy preferred.
- Ability to teach basic art/creativity skills, incorporate adult learning theory, and develop teaching/learning strategies to improve student persistence and retention.
- Ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including online and/or other distance education modes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty and other Pratt Community College stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, revise, and update curricula.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disability populations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student-centered environment.
- Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. The ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately. Visual acuity to view a computer monitor; Light/Indoor work environment
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position and its’ responsibilities is essential.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
The salary is commensurate with qualifications as determined by the 2019-2020 Master Agreement Salary Schedule. This full-time faculty position is 9-month annual, due process rights eligible, benefit eligible and exempt.
For full consideration, send completed PCC employment application, resume and copies of transcripts to Personnel Director, Pratt Community College, 348 NE S.R. 61, Pratt, KS 67124. 620-450-2139. You may also visit our web site www.prattcc.edu to apply online or download application. AA/EOE
Transcripts – The hired candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
Start date: 2019 Fall semester
2/15/2019 12:00:00 AM