To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: PT Paramedic
Salary: $17.595 Hourly
The paramedic provides patient care in accordance with KBEMS regulations and Sedgwick County Medical Society protocol compliance. Paramedics are to provide quality out of hospital care in a timely manner by safely assessing patients, performing advanced medical treatment to potentially avert life threatening emergencies and reduce morbidity; safely operate EMS vehicles including transporting patients to and from health care facilities; preparing and submitting reports; ensuring the stocking and safeguarding of vehicles, posts, equipment, supplies and medications. Paramedics will work under the direct supervision of a Sedgwick County EMS Crew Leader or Team Leader.
Essential Job Functions:
Quality out of hospital health care
- Works to maintain a safe work environment and minimize risk of injury.
- Provides emergency care, and transportation in accordance with both KBEMS regulations and Sedgwick County Medical Society Protocol requirements.
- Determines most effective method of emergency treatment.
- Applies basic and advanced life support.
- Administers medications.
- Undertakes appropriate invasive procedures.
- Coordinates care with receiving facilities.
- Responds to emergency calls in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure ambulance mechanical readiness to respond.
- Ensure proper inventory and readiness of Emergency Medical Equipment.
- Ensure proper inventory of medical supplies and medications.
- Ensure proper inventory of personal and vehicle safety equipment.
- Maintains a workplace that is clean and free of potentially infectious contaminates.
- Proficient in all navigation tools to ensure prompt response.
- Communicates EMS operational readiness reports.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and timely records and files of patient care activities along with vehicle and station activities.
- Mechanical checklist.
- Document checklist for post supplies.
- Ensuring all HIPAA paperwork is disposed of properly.
- Ensure all paperwork required for billing purpose is filled out and faxed then placed in designated area.
Customer/Client Orientation: Makes customers/clients and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (including direct reports); gains customer trust and respect;
Integrity: Displays and promotes conduct and behaviors consistent with agency and governmental standards. Familiarizes oneself with the pertinent rules and regulations that govern their area of responsibility. Applies rules and regulations in a consistent, non-biased manner. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. Guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately. Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations.
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
Teamwork: Participates as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals. Works cooperatively with other team members, involves others, shares information as appropriate, and shares credit for team accomplishments.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: : One year experience in Emergency Medical Care or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities
License, certifications, etc… Valid State of Kansas Driver’s License and meets the requirement of Sedgwick County Fleet Vehicle Operation and Usage Policy, State of Kansas Paramedic Certification, Applicant must be able to effectively communicate in English both written and oral form.
- Knowledge of Basic and Advanced Life Support, I.V. Therapy, Cardiology, Pharmacology, Trauma Care, oxygen therapy, Fracture Management, Triage Disaster Management, Extrication, and Hazardous Materials Management.
- Knowledge of advanced emergency medical procedures, equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of Human Anatomy and Physiology.
- Knowledge of disease pathologies and processes.
- Knowledge of department rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of EMS vehicles, equipment and skills.
- Knowledge of geography of assigned station area City and County.
- Knowledge of the local hospital emergency rooms policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of emergency driving techniques.
- Knowledge of automotive mechanics, radio communication design and maintenance.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department stakeholders and superiors.
- Ability to maintain a variety of records and prepare reports.
- Ability to think clearly and respond quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to successfully complete and maintain Kansas MICT Certification.
- Ability to read and understand departmental policies, rules and instructions and written material in the field of emergency medicine.
Educational Requirements: Associates degree
Years of Experience: Two years of experience as a Paramedic
Physical Requirements of Position:
Very heavy work. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Usual working days/hours: 12 hour shift work
Location of work: Community of Sedgwick County
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Pooled #: 20001374, 20001377, 20001379, 20001384, 20001387, 20001394, 20001395, 20002347
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
2/19/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/19/2019 11:59:59 PM