To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Winfield
Job Title: Seasonal Lifeguard / Pool Attendant
Salary: $0 Hourly
CLASS TITLE: Seasonal Lifeguard / Pool Attendant
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Aquatic Facility Manager(s)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
This is skilled water-safety work involved in the operation of county aquatics facility/facilities. Employees in this class are responsible for safeguarding employees and patrons at city aquatics facility/facilities, or when engaged in a city-sponsored activity at a public aquatics facility. Work involves the prevention of injury or loss of life at aquatics facilities for swimming and bathing by performing water rescue and prevention techniques, first aid, and CPR. Duties also include a variety of maintenance tasks. Work is reviewed through employee observation, facility inspection, and written and oral reports and conferences.
Maintains staff and patron safety, order, and discipline at the assigned aquatics facility/facilities. Performs emergency water-rescue techniques to assist persons in distress, applies CPR, and administers standard first aid when necessary. Assists in the implementation of aquatics programs and special events. Explains and interprets operational and programmatic rules and regulations to park patrons; enforces or refers enforcement to proper authorities. Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance of assigned aquatics amenities including water park or pool areas, restrooms, showers, and concession areas when able to do so without distraction from lifeguarding responsibilities. Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of approved water-rescue and accident-prevention techniques, emergency procedures, simulation drills, water-safety policies, first aid, and CPR.
- Knowledge of water-safety practices and procedures.
- Some knowledge of operational safety and maintenance requirements for aquatics facilities and amenities.
- Ability to react efficiently and effectively in emergency rescue situations.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks requiring physical strength and agility.
- Ability to react efficiently and tactfully with the public and to be capable of enforcing regulations firmly and impartially.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of the City of Winfield’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials, and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
- Skills in pool and open-water swimming, water rescue, accident prevention techniques, water-safety procedures, standard first aid, and CPR.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Completion of two (2) years of high school or equivalent or in process of completion of the 10th grade. Employment continuation in this class is contingent upon completion of the 10th grade within four (4) months of employment; minimum age 16 years; some previous experience as a lifeguard; or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
2/26/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/15/2019 11:59:59 PM