To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Since this is a public safety position, you will be required to submit extra information as part of the application process.
Employer: City of El Dorado
Division: Police Department
Job Title: Patrol Officer
Salary: $17.16 Hourly
PATROL OFFICER - CITY OF EL DORADO, KANSAS
The City of El Dorado is accepting applications for a full time Patrol Officer. The El Dorado Police Department is a highly progressive and professional department with 28 sworn officers. Patrol Officers serve as a liaison officer to the community assuring for the best public relations for the City and that all laws and regulations are followed. This position will report directly to the assigned shift lieutenant.
Hourly wage based on qualifications, starting wage $17.16/hour. A full fringe benefit package will be offered including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, and wellness initiatives. ADA/EEO. Drug screening, background check, and physical with conditional offer of employment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain State of Kansas patrol officer certification through Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center.
- 21 years of age and US Citizen
- No prior felony convictions
- Within 6 months of hire, must live within 30 minutes of corporate city limits
*Any or all requirements may be waived at the discretion of the City Manager, Police Chief, or designee
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment
- Applicable laws, ordinances, and City/Department rules and regulations
- City geography
- Perform work requiring good physical condition
- Communicate effectively in writing or verbally
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with subordinates, peers, supervisors and public
- Exercise sound judgement in decision making
- Must be able to operate equipment including:
- Basic office equipment (ex. telephone, computer, copy machine etc.)
- Motor vehicles
- Two way radio
- Survey and chemical equipment
- Protective clothing
- Any other equipment and apparatus available to the Police Department.
- Ability to use five senses including close, distance, color, and peripheral vision
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Concentrate for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to think critically and control emotions and actions in stressful situations;
- Withstand heavy physical activity during stressful and non-stressful situations;
- Manually lift, move, carry and push heavy objects (100 lbs. or more);
- Kneel, crouch, crawl or stoop.
- Use hands and fingers to operate objects, controls, and tools
Office work is conducted in a well-lit climate controlled environment.
Out of the office work has above average:
- Accessibility of work sites including sites with chemicals and fumes
- Work place safety hazards including chemicals, heights, and below grade areas
- Overtime, night, and extended workhours
- Exposure to dust, loud noises, darkness, and cramped spaces
Application packets must include:
- High School Transcript or Diploma
Email items to firstname.lastname@example.org
3/1/2019 12:00:00 AM