Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Athletic Director
Directs the operational, financial, and personnel activities of all athletic programs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all sports programs to include operating budgets, scholarship budgets, state and national rules, eligibility, events, fund raising activities, meetings with coaches, and conference meetings.
- Works with Broncbuster Athletic Association and the community to raise funds for GCCC athletic programs.
- Participate on college committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. To establish and maintain a positive image throughout the college and the community; committed to the college mission and strategic priorities.
2. To provide the college with quality student-athletes and emphasize the importance of academics and receiving a degree.
3. To develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the president, administration, faculty, athletic representatives, college staff, and students.
4. To maintain knowledge and compliance with National, State, and Institutional policies and procedures, rules, codes of conduct, and eligibility requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's degree required. A Master's degree preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
Other Skills: Master's Degree in recreation, physical education, administration or business preferred. Five years experience in teaching and coaching is required, along with four years business and/or athletic director experience. Two of the five years coaching experience must be in high school, NJCAA, or Division II college level or higher. Experience in academic discipline or higher education is desired. Previous experience in athletics with management and budgetary responsibilities necessary. Strong focus and background in fundraising and community relations. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required. Must possess ability to deal with a wide variety of issues involving athletes, parents, and coaches concerns and ideas. Strong management and fiscal skills. Foster high standards of integrity. Provide visionary leadership and possess entrepreneurial skill set.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work is primarily sedentary, but may require minor physical exertion such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities.
Work Environment: Conditions are generally those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral and online communication with coaches, staff, other AD’s, and association officials, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner. The position requires periodic travel, which may occasionally be under late night and poor weather conditions.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM