To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/C&TE/Aviation Technologies
Job Title: Program Specialist, FAA Records/Aviation Programs
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Aviation Program Specialist provides support services for the Aviation programs which include FAA records and other student enrollment and program records, and performs administrative duties for the Dean of Aviation and Vice President of Career & Technical Education. This position requires the ability to work independently with little or no supervision and to use discretion and good judgment. This person must be exceedingly detail oriented, well organized and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the Aviation program, with diverse people and programs. Many duties are of a confidential nature. This position is critical to the success of the Aviation Maintenance Technician programs FAA certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the Dean of Aviation Technologies and the Program Director, Aviation
- Provides administrative support to Aviation program students, faculty/adjunct faculty, coordinators and lead instructors.
- Assists the Academic Coordinator, Aviation Programs as needed/required,
- Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to answering telephones, bookkeeping, record retention, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Performs duties to maintain the AMT program and FAA required student records to meet/exceed the quality and organization required as stated in Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Sets up initial gradebooks to supplement Blackboard for AMT faculty and collaborate on changes to rosters during the semester
- Receives and records grades and attendance for courses in the AMT program in accordance with prescribed deadlines
- Verifies and records student make-up time for the filing system and collaborate with faculty on ensuring accuracy
- Submits various lab project grades and other requested data as necessary for assessment data
- Upon request, manages a list of FAA-awarded airframe & powerplant certificates to completers and report to the office of institutional research as needed
- Participates in redesigning and rewriting content for the AMT program’s operations manual in preparation for approval no later than fall 2018.
- Responsible for ordering, inventorying, and distributing uniform shirts to all CTE programs.
- Responsible for ordering, inventorying, and distributing student tools to all CTE programs.
- Inputs and monitors all necessary changes to KBOR Program Inventory, Course Inventory, and Courses within programs systems for all WSU Tech curriculum changes and updates
- Prepares and supports the bi-annual FAA program audits.
- Makes independent decisions in reference to the Federal Aviation Regulations regarding student record keeping to support the programs compliance with FAR part 147 and part 65.
- Develops, implements, creates, manages, reviews and summarizes miscellaneous reports and documents, memos, letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Prepares and files student certificates.
- Administers the student uniform process.
- Tracks aviation certifications.
- Performs Support duties for Vice President.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving ability.
- Ability to operate various office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- Advanced skills in computer applications, including Outlook, Word & Excel.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students.Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed.Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM