To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Saline County/City Building Authority
Job Title: Building Authority Superintendent
Salary: $0 Monthly
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
Salary: $4,515.31/month at step 1 to $6,913.16/month at step 20 DOQ
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have managerial, long-range planning and budgeting experience.
- Must have a general knowledge of building maintenance and operations.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s License and be insurable with Building Authority carrier.
- Electrical, plumbing, heating and A/C maintenance trade experience is preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Provides a broad range of managerial and supervisory assistance to the Building Authority Board as assigned; exercises considerable discretion and oversight as needed/assigned for the overall management of the City/County Building and grounds.
- Prepares the department budget, controls expenditures, and provides input on revenues.
- Coordinates, prepares and presents regular staff reports to the Board on current, short-range, and long-range planning to include capital improvements projects, department updates, and budgeting. Prepares the agenda for monthly Building Authority Board meetings.
- Supervises all Building Authority Staff and makes work assignments by ensuring safety and the effective utilization of staff and resources for the building and grounds for the City/County Building and the Public Library.
- Coordinate and oversee contractors.
- Keep records: researches and completes special projects as assigned by the Building Authority Board.
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from the various offices.
- Responsible for monitoring the budget and submitting bi-weekly timesheets and invoices bills for the Saline County-City Building for payment.
- Responsible for coordinating minor projects including but not limited to wall and door layouts, lighting and ventilating alterations.
- Responsible for preparing and coordinating the bidding process for larger projects.
- Remains available or assigns subordinates during off hours for building checks and responding to calls.
- Responsible for ensuring snow removal and treatment of ice on parking and walking surfaces.
- Accurately interpret laws and regulations relating to building codes and the ADA for the building and grounds.
- Prepares, maintains, and is responsible for the execution of all emergency plans; test and maintains warning systems.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
For additional questions or a complete job description contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM
3/31/2019 11:59:59 PM