To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/Gen Ed/Instructional Technologies&Academic Sppt
Job Title: Instructional Designer
Salary: $48000.00 Annually
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
Develop program and course level curricula for the traditional face to face and online/hybrid instructional environments. Responsibilities will include developing, revising and maintaining accessible instructional models and content, and quality assurance in assigned courses and programs. In addition, working closely with faculty in course design, pedagogy instructional technologies will be a major part of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Instructional Design tasks:
- Collaborates with faculty and other SME’s to design/improve accessible online, hybrid and face-to-face curricula with a focus on assigned program area.
- Creates, in collaboration with faculty, instructional design models which facilitate the delivery of course content using various types of instructional technologies including Blackboard Learn and mobile devices
- Collaborates with SME’s and WSU Tech personnel in the development of new program areas as assigned.
- Train faculty and staff on developing and modifying accessible digital content.
- Performs Instructional Quality Assurance tasks:
- Reviews, updates and implements quality assurance plans for online/hybrid environment. courses. A successful plan will contribute to an increase in online student retention.
- Assessment and evaluation of instructional content.
- Performs Instructional Technology tasks:
- Facilitates the integration of instructional software into WSU TECH course content.
- Provides support for faculty/staff/students using the LMS.
- Trains faculty/staff/students on LMS functionality.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a relative field, such as: Training Development, Curriculum, Adult Education, or a clearly related area.
- Bachelor’s degree, in a related field required with Master’s preferred.
- Aviation/Manufacturing experience preferred
- Accessibility experience preferred
- Quality Matters certified, or willing to attain certification within two years in the position.
- Knowledge of traditional face-to-face and online/hybrid instructional environments.
- Previous teaching/training experience, required.
- Ability to work with subject matter experts to develop curriculum related to programs in development
- Experience with instructional design, instructional technologies and adult learning principles.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse campus population
- Experience with creating and/or editing pdf documents preferred.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office elements
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
3/5/2019 12:00:00 AM