To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Emporia State University
Division: Physical Sciences
Job Title: Administrative Specialist
Salary: $12.50 Hourly
Emporia State University currently has an Administrative Specialist vacancy with our Physical Sciences department located in Emporia, KS.
As an Administrative Specialist you will:
- Maintain between 35-50+ contracts for student workers, keeping track of contract balances, and adjusting contracts according to hours worked and funding availability
- Coordinate the completion of paperwork authorizing the recruitment and hiring of faculty and staff for the department
- Purchase office/lab equipment, collect invoices, maintain related budgets, and create budgetary reports
- Prepare travel requests for faculty, and reserve state vehicles for travel and field trips
- Create class and room schedules for each semester
The Administrative Specialist:
- Is based in Emporia, KS
- Earns $12.50 -$14.00 per hour based upon experience
- Is benefits eligible for a competitive benefits package
If you . . .
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excel at gathering information, and presenting it in a layout which is easy to understand
- Easily build positive relationships with individuals from a variety of ages and backgrounds
- Are known for your ability to successfully multi-task to meet deadlines
. . . then put your skills and abilities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, university environment.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
To meet the minimum requirements for this position, you must have:
- Four years of experience in general office, clerical, and administrative support work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Education may be substituted for required experience as determined relevant by ESU.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support in a higher education setting
- One year of experience managing budgets
- Familiarity with Banner, OnBase, and Cognos systems
How To Apply:
Join the Hornet team as an Administrative Specialist:
Background check required. For more information about the application process, click here. We regretfully inform you that applications missing any of the above items or deadlines may be regarded as incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration.
Candidates will be expected to be able to competently perform the routine tasks of the position with limited supervision by the end of the probation period, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
Emporia State University values and welcomes the benefits of diversity, and pledges to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the public that we expect and demand the worth and dignity of all people be recognized without regard to any classification that might preclude a person from consideration as an individual. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Emporia State University considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
Emporia State University is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which students, faculty, staff, and guests can work together free from all forms of harassment, exploitation, and intimidation. The University regards inappropriate behavior, unfair treatment or harassment of any individual to be inconsistent with its goals of providing an atmosphere in which students, faculty, staff and administrators may safely learn, work, and live. For more information, we encourage you to access our Annual Security Report for Emporia State University online at http://www.emporia.edu/right2know/documents/ESU_Annual_Security_Report.pdf.
In accordance with the Higher Education Re-authorization Act, Emporia State University provides information to all students and potential employees regarding its Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention programs. The content within the site includes information on prevention and support resources, health risks, university policy, city, state, and federal ordinances and laws, and legal sanctions. This information is available on the web at: http://www.emporia.edu/finaid/consumer-information.html.
The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires both identity and eligibility for employment proof within three days of employment.
Recruitment Contact Information
Post: Human Resources, Emporia State University
1 Kellogg Circle, Campus Box 4044
Emporia, KS 66801
3/11/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/11/2019 11:59:59 PM