To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Winfield
Division: Wastewater Treatment
Job Title: Seasonal Wastewater System Worker (Treatment Plant)
Salary: $0 Hourly
CLASS TITLE: Seasonal Wastewater System Worker
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Wastewater System Supervisor
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, assist collection system workers in daily operations including maintenance of sanitary sewer system and lift stations, trench work, concrete work, dirt work including raking and restoration of job sites. Work varies somewhat with some leeway for discretion and independent action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ARE:
Installing new and repairing existing sewer mains, manholes and related work; operates a sewer jet truck, cable rodding machine, camera, vaporooter and related equipment in cleaning and opening sewer lines; adjusts manhole covers; maintains and repairs lift stations including motors, pumps, controls, and valves; performs minor electrical maintenance and repairs; performs minor automotive repairs.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
Assists in installation and repairs to water mains; may man flood gates; performs other duties as required. Posts prepared data and records of own activities; uses equipment requiring care to assure against breakdown; contact with others is incidental to the performance of duties; duties require heavy physical work; work is performed in occasional contact with undesirable physical conditions; hazards require safety considerations.
SUPERVISION - RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS:
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 18 years of age; possession of a valid driver's license.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assigned work and maintenance projects are performed properly, safely and efficiently; safety practices are exercised; follows oral and written instructions.
- Applies knowledge of the materials, equipment, and techniques of operation and maintenance of water and sewer operations.
- Meters, gages, and similar readings; compilations are accurate.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work and ability to lift and carry over 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, crawl, push, pull, reach and perform similar body movements.
- Possesses hand/eye/foot coordination adequate to operate vehicles, medium equipment and tools.
- Ability to talk and hear in person, by telephone and two-way radio; ability to see and read instructions, read and draw location sketches, and complete work reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, superiors, and the public.
3/12/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/15/2019 11:59:59 PM