To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: AA/Career&Technical Education/Manufacturing
Job Title: Part Time Instructor (Adjunct Faculty) Welding
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Adjunct Faculty Instructor provides subject matter expertise. Additional responsibility to teach courses, adhering to lesson plans, meeting course objectives, beginning and ending courses on time as scheduled and adhering to academic faculty ethical and professional behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Files an appropriate course syllabus for each course taught within the course shell of the appropriate Learning Management System.
- Ensures that each program/class contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency.
- Maintains a high level of expertise in the subjects taught and stimulates enthusiasm for those subjects.
- Recommends textbooks and other instructional materials including classroom and laboratory equipment to Deans.
- Makes suggestions to the department Dean, concerning the improvement of the curriculum in keeping with the objectives of the college.
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds exams at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by the department Dean.
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Keeps students informed about their progress through the prompt grading of papers and other work. Submits Student Academic Reports (SARs) and other documentation when appropriate.
- Provides students with a final grade published in the Learning Management System within the timeframe allotted.
- Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including attendance records.
- Conducts class evaluations and completes other college evaluations and assessment in accordance with college policy.
- Participates in program and curriculum review and development and student learning outcomes initiatives.
- Makes use of available college online resources (Angel/Blackboard, Publish Grades, Policies/Procedures, Grade Book, Attendance, etc.).
- Plans each unit or lesson, both as to content and method, to make each class meaningful. Incorporates instructional technologies in instructional delivery.
- Organizes each course taught into an effective instrument of learning.
- Studies and utilizes students’ learning styles in each class in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations. Maximizes the learning opportunities for each student.
- Submits annual program review information, assessment data and works collaboratively on annual budget with the department Dean.
- Facilitates student recruitment and retention activities including but not limited to high school visits and college activities, such as Open House, Program Information Sessions, and tours.
- Strives for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty evaluation used by the college.
- Refers students to counselor as needed.
- Submits required reports to the appropriate college personnel.
- Serves on and provides information to college committees as needed.
- Conveys college-related information to students in a timely manner as requested by college officials.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Teams (IAT) members.
- Assumes other work related responsibilities as assigned by the department Dean.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college and 1,000 industry experience or 4,000 full time industy experience in the career/technical field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Qualifications required for mandatory program accreditation.
- Teaching experience in adult education preferred.
- Must be available for required course assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to accurately and quickly process, enter and audit data.
- Ability to effectively organize and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate ability and knowledge to provide team leadership for planning.
- Ability to pre-plan course work.
- Must complete new faculty orientation within one semester of start date
Other Position Requirements:
- Work effectively and productively as a team member. Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintain effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Use diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrate effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensure appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produce quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Complete assigned work; meet deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Perform work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 hours professional development activities per year to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Data entry/typing is required. Sufficient vision and hearing are required to complete the work and interact with students, staff, faculty and the public. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
3/12/2019 12:00:00 AM