To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Saline County
Division: Community Corrections
Job Title: Office Technician/Criminal Probation
Salary: $13.65 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Saline County after applying.
*If an email address is provided, all correspondence will be via email. Email notices will be sent from the address email@example.com. We recommend you begin checking your email for correspondence after the application deadline date. If you have not received a confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-309-5812 to verify application has been received*
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Perform office reception duties for Community Corrections.
- Answer questions regarding client information to the public as well as the Courts, Attorney's, Law Enforcement, other supervising agencies and service providers.
- Maintain department inventory.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of client charges as assessed for case management budgetary and audit purposes.
- Gather confidential and legal documentation regarding client criminal history and mental health and/or substance abuse services upon assignment to the program for purposes of scheduling Intake.
- Enter all verified client information into JJA and KDOC databases for supervision purposes upon assignment to the program.
- Maintain weekly contact with the Courts regarding upcoming client court proceedings and assure that appropriate Staff members are notified for participation.
- Assist in all clerical functions.
- Responsible for typing forms, reports and legal documents for office staff.
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be insurable under Saline County fleet insurance policy.
- Must be able to work with public in a congenial manner.
- Must be able to handle confidential information regarding client supervision.
- Attend required training on the principles and techniques of Motivational Interviewing and Evidence Based Practices for the criminal justice field at the first affordable opportunity or within two (2) years of hire.
- Experience in Legal System and/or Criminal Justice System procedure and practice.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in office practices and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Access.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to different tasks.
- The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prioritize, pay attention to detail and maintain accuracy while dealing with constant interruptions.
FUNDING: This position is funded from a Community Corrections Grant with the Kansas Department of Corrections and Juvenile Justice Authority. Employment is subject to full grant approval.
For a complete job description or additional information contact:
Marilyn Leamer, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, PHR
Human Resource Director
3/14/2019 12:00:00 AM
3/31/2019 11:59:59 PM