To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: English Online Adjunct Instructor
Garden City Community College actively seeks online adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Online adjunct faculty are an integral part of the College’s learning community. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming online environment for a diverse population of students.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
- Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments.
- Complete course assessment requirements.
- Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
- Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
- Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
- Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
Qualifications -- Masters degree in discipline or Masters with 18 hours in discipline. Previous teaching experience required.
Preferred Qualifications -- Online teaching experience.
Salary -- $500 per credit hour.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com (Supporting documents may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
Contact: Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact, Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
3/17/2019 12:00:00 AM