To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Lincoln County
Division: Public Works
Job Title: Equipment Operator-Dozer
Salary: $0 Hourly
Under the supervision of the Road and Bridge Supervisor, the Equipment Operator is a non-exempt position under FLSA. The primary responsibilities of this employee include operating road maintenance equipment for the maintenance, repair or building of county transportation facilities and other county owned entities. Providing a safe public transportation system is the goal of this employee. This employee must be able to work with minimum direct supervision. This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing. If selected for employment with Lincoln County, applicants may be required to submit to relevant employment testing for the purpose of determining the applicant’s capacity of performing the duties of the position. The cost of the examination will be paid for by Lincoln County. Cost of transportation and time involved taking the examinations are the responsibility of the applicant. In the event an applicant may need reasonable accommodation for this testing, Lincoln County will make this accommodation.
- Provides for proper maintenance of county roads, which includes sign replacement, tree removal, graveling, blading and mowing of ditches and right-of- ways;
- Assists with duties involved in the construction and maintenance of bridges and other drainage structures;
- Works with citizens and governmental entities in the construction, maintenance, and repair of county roads;
- Operates heavy equipment machinery including mower, tractor, rock roller, dozer, loader, grader, etc.;
- Performs routine service and maintenance on equipment;
- Maintains accurate daily log of all work completed;
- Installs traffic control devices and provides traffic control where necessary;
- Serves as a truck driver and assists bridge crew when necessary.
- Operates a two-way radio;
- Provides welding services;
- Assists with tree trimming, tree removal and other vegetation control duties;
- Performs snow removal and installs snow fences;
- Performs yard and shop maintenance;
- Assists with painting duties;
- Attends and participates in training and educational sessions for department employees;
- Assists other County departments as required;
- Assists with Emergency Preparedness response as assigned, according to the chain of command;
- May be required to work overtime in emergency situations ex. snow, flood or oiling;
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as assigned.
Lincoln County Public Works
EXPERIENCE: One to three years of similar or related experience is preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job in a reasonable manner within six months to one year of employment.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED is required. A valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License is required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Knowledge of mechanics, welding and measuring and working knowledge of mathematics is necessary. The ability to operate loaders, dozers, mowers, motor graders, trucks, and other heavy equipment is required with a high degree of accuracy. The ability to understand and interpret written instructions, maps, schematics, manuals, reports, regulations, and other written material is required. A thorough knowledge of the physical layout of Lincoln County is required. This employee should have good organizational, public relations, and oral and written communication skills. This employee needs to be able to adapt to changing technology.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Independent problem solving is a major factor in this position. Problems this employee may encounter include dealing with equipment malfunctions, adverse weather, and dealing with public concerns regarding road and bridge conditions.
DECISION MAKING: Independent decision-making is a factor in this position. This employee makes decisions about proper maintenance and repair of equipment, and performing daily duties in the most efficient manner.
SUPERVISION: This employee works under the supervision of the Road and Bridge Supervisor. This employee does not exercise any supervisory responsibilities over subordinate personnel.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: This employee is responsible for county equipment and resources.
PERSONAL RELATIONS: Frequent contact with the general public, co-workers, and supervisory personnel is expected.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Adverse working conditions exist within this position. Exposure to large and small machinery and equipment, excessive noise, heights, work in confined areas, walking on uneven ground, hazardous chemicals and all types of weather conditions are expected.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work Level: Level 4, Heavy Work. Applicant must attain a 3.5 score or above on their Physical Capacity Profile. Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy objects and the ability to operate department equipment is required daily in this position. Examples include, but not limited to: walking, bending, kneeling, climbing a ladder and on and off of equipment, lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50lbs.
ATTENDANCE: Employees must be at their job performing essential duties on a regular and continuing basis with no excessive absences. Employee must report absences and schedule days off as soon as possible to supervisory staff.
3/18/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/30/2019 11:59:59 PM