To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Harvey County
Division: County Health
Job Title: Maternal & Child Health Coordinator
Salary: $18.08 Hourly
Under the direct supervision of the Health Department Assistant Director, this non-exempt, full time position is responsible for promoting and coordinating the Maternal & Child Health (MCH) program of the department. Work includes monitoring, implementing, and evaluating activities related to goals and priorities of the MCH program, coordinating community services and referring clients to appropriate care, and maintaining documentation. Work is performed wth latitude for professional independence and in accordance with established agency policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain close communication with state partners to ensure effective quality data delivery.
- Interviews pregnant women to target problem areas such as financial status, environmental conditions, and postnatal depresson etc.
- Documents trimester visits to update information.
- Evaluates parenting skills and offers information.
- Submits timely reports to funding partner.
- Refers and follows up with residents' MCH concerns.
- Coaches and provides support and information to team members.
- Is a public health liaison for the Harvey County community.
- Provide surge capacity to Public Health Emergency and Epidemiology for investigative work and community containment in a public health emergency or severe outbreak.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with an emphasis in social work, public health, education, or other related field; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with an emphasis in social work, public health, education, or other related field and two to three years related experience and/or training; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Spanish speaking is preferred.
3/20/2019 12:00:00 AM