To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Riley County
Job Title: Public Works - Engineering Intern
Salary: $12.71 Hourly
RILEY COUNTY, KANSAS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: ENGINEERING TECH INTERN
Department: Public Works Division: Engineering
Reports To: Asst County Engineer/Asst PW Dir
Pay Grade: B Status: Part Time, Intern
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: This position will assist with a variety of public works projects – including updates to road and bridge inventory databases, plan organization, project filing, research and compliant investigation.
- Answer phone and two-way radio.
- Record park reservations, distribute and collect keys.
- Update park webpage.
- Assist with creation of park brochures and publications.
- Record and calculate equipment and vehicle usage.
- Record fuel usage from equipment records and post.
- Balance time card and equipment session reports.
- Assist with updating park masterplans to include: layout plans, site inventory plans, tree planting plans, grading plans, general park masterplans.
- Assist with development of plans, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist with scheduling and conducting community planning and park design meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of graphs, tables, and other illustrative material for reports and presentations.
Education: Minimum two years of educational training in Civil Engineering. Must be pursuing a Civil Engineering affiliated degree. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours during summer months. Must have completed upper level landscape design coursework.
Experience: Valid driver's license is required. Auto CAD skills and knowledge is required. Experience with communications, Microsoft office suite and computer data base programs.
Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications, and modern office methods;
Knowledge of park management, landscape design, horticulture, turfgrass management.
Some knowledge of soils, hydraulics, and plant materials.
Skills: Ability to design and layout presentations in PowerPoint and other software.
Ability to operate computer hardware and software to apply systems for database, spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics applications and other information on personal computers in a local area network environment.
Ability to design park master plans and landscapes adaptable to northeast Kansas climates.
Ability to assist in facility design projects, field surveys and construction inspection.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, co-workers and other staff.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related or a logical assignment of the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
3/22/2019 12:00:00 AM