To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Wellington
Division: STREET DEPARTMENT
Job Title: MOWER OPERATOR
Performs routine, semi-skilled work in the general maintenance of the City owned property and rights-of-way, involving mowing, edging and trimming. Must be at least 18 years of age. Work is performed under immediate supervision of the Street Supervisor or Crew Leader
- Works directly in maintenance activities such as mowing and trimming grasses, hedges, trees and shrubs;
- Performs spraying of weeds and insects.
- Assists in all types of maintenance work required.
- Operates or learns to operate equipment for duties assigned, tractor mowers, self-propelled and walk behind mowers, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, etc.
- Assists, under supervision, in assigned equipment maintenance and repair.
- Limited operation of vehicles.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Assists other departments as needed.
- Operation of street maintenance equipment and trucks.
- Fill out daily reports.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid Kansas State Driver’s License required, Commercial Driver’s License preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of similar or related experience is preferred. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well.
EDUCATION: A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Employee must be able to operate or learn to operate a tractor, mowers, and other equipment with accuracy and efficiently. Some knowledge of the service, maintenance and repair of equipment and the ability to read and interpret service and repair manuals and written instruction is preferred. Employee must be able to communicate effectively.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Minimal problem solving necessary, but this employee could encounter problems with equipment malfunctions and their repair.
DECISION MAKING: This employee makes decisions about performing daily duties in the most efficient manner.
SUPERVISION: This position is subject to frequent supervision.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY: No direct accountability for financial decisions but responsible to insure duties are performed in an efficient, cost effective manner.
PERSONAL RELATIONS: Daily contact with the general public, co-workers and supervisory personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to equipment, noise, hazardous chemicals and all types of weather conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Manual labor including lifting and carrying heavy objects, extensive walking, and the ability to operate departmental equipment is required.
STARTING WAGE IS $10.17, DOQ, EOE, DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
3/26/2019 12:00:00 AM