To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services
Job Title: Director, Student Engagement
Salary: $50000.00 Annually
Director, Student Engagement
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The Director of Student Engagement is primarily responsible for the development, expansion, and management of key student life activities and student support services at WSU Tech. This position requires the ability to work independently with little or no supervision and to use discretion and good judgment on a daily basis. The Director works closely with other departments within Student Services and collaboratively across the college to provide services and activities that enhance the learning opportunities afforded to students at WSU Tech.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall vision, administration, and execution of the College’s student life programs and services.
- Directs, supervises and recognizes student organizations giving special attention to organizational structure, goals, financial affairs, publicity, recruitment and facility usage.
- Serves as designee for the Vice President, Student Services in managing the student complaint and student conduct processes.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for student life while monitoring and evaluating operational effectiveness and affecting changes required for continuous improvement.
- Develops and oversees diversity and inclusion programming to foster a positive, inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves as a deputy Title IX Coordinator; Provides advocacy to students in navigating campus and community resources. Provides outreach and training to the campus community on recognizing, addressing, and preventing sexual harassment and violence.
- Leads the College's wrap-around service efforts that address various student insecurities, including but not limited to hunger, homelessness, etc., in partnership with external community agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services
- At all times, engages in and promotes teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of progressive experience working in higher education. Experience in student affairs preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of student development, event planning, and budget managemen
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Commitment to the college mission and serving the needs of first-generation and traditionally underserved populations.
- Ability to maintain calm and positive demeanor in stressful or tense situations
- Excellent customer oriented written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of higher education laws and best practices.
- User-level knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
3/29/2019 12:00:00 AM