To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Ottawa
Job Title: Water Reclamation Facility Operator I
Salary: $17.43 Hourly
Water Reclamation Facility Operator I
Position Summary: The City of Ottawa, Kansas is recruiting for a Water Reclamation Facility Operator I. Under the supervision of the Water Reclamation Facility Superintendent, the Water Reclamation Facility Operator I performs skilled and semi‑skilled labor in the maintenance and operation of Water Reclamation Facility and lift station.
Education and Experience: (Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of wastewater operator experience is preferred.
- Must progressively acquire Wastewater Operator certification by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment up to and including Class II within 12 months of the first eligibility date for obtaining a given certification level. Class IV certification preferred by five-year employment anniversary.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable by City’s carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (not all inclusive)
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and biological systems.
- Knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, chemicals, gases, and laboratory testing equipment.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, pumps, and other related equipment.
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating and extended shifts.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with other employees, City officials, businesses, and the public.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under general supervision and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
How to Apply: Complete On-Line Application at www.HRePartners.com.
Range: Grade 09 - $17.43 to $24.41 per hour
Date Opened: April 2, 2019
Date Closed: May 5, 2019
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on a rotating schedule. Overtime and emergency call-outs required.
E-Mail Confirmation: After your application has been received by the City of Ottawa, you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Please check your SPAM filter or JUNK Mail. If you have not received confirmation within 48 hours of submitting your application, please call 785-229-3634 to verify your application has been received. For additional information, contact Human Resources at 785-229-3634 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Ottawa conducts background checks and drug screening on all potential candidates.
Anyone with a disability who needs a reasonable accommodation related to a selection process is requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 785-229-3634 at least two days prior to a scheduled test or interview.
The City of Ottawa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
4/2/2019 12:00:00 AM
5/5/2019 11:59:59 PM