To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: County Clerk
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Salary: $12.74 Hourly
GEARY COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 12 ($12.74/hr.)
Reports To: County Clerk PCN: 1004
Department: Clerk Date: April 2019
The job duties of the Administrative Assistant II include but are not limited to provide clerical support, to implement administrative systems, procedures, policies and monitor special projects for all County Clerk Department services, and Geary County; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Administrative Assistant II might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County resolutions for the position of Administrative Assistant II. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Performs other duties as assigned.
Financial Management. Daily statement entry and balances statements with County Treasurer’s records.
Administrative duties. Files various documents into the correct files including County Clerk files, County Commission files and Public Building Commission files. Prepares reports for the Public Building Commission including monthly financial reports and reconciles bank statements. Takes minutes at various meetings.
Elections. Maintains the Voter Registration Database and filing of voter registration cards. Prepares documents for elections. Assists the public in registering to vote. Manage the hiring and training schedule of Board Workers. Prepares various reports related to elections including federal, state, candidate and public reports. Coordinates advance voting by mail and in person. Maintains supplies for elections as needed.
Deeds and other duties. Works deeds and files ownership changes. Works with the neighborhood revitalization program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of administrative clerical and computer experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local resolutions and ordinances, procedure manuals, warning labels, etc.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel), etc.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to communicate and convey information regarding policies and processes to others in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintains self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 50 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works primarily in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
4/5/2019 12:00:00 AM