To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Geary County
Division: County Clerk/Human Resources
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Salary: $12.74 Hourly
GEARY COUNTYJOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II - County Clerk/Human Resources
FLSA: Non-Exempt Salary Range: 12 ($12.74/hr.)
Reports To: County Clerk and Human Resources Director PCN: CC1003, HR1003
Department: Various Date: April 2019
The job duties of the Administrative Assistant II include but are not limited to assist the County Clerk and the Human Resources Director in the administration of various office related activities including: preparing vouchers for payment, preparing various items for elections, scanning vouchers, filing correspondence, assisting with the HRIS process, filing documents in human resources files, assist with the open enrollment process, and other various office duties; and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to County residents and the general public. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality. This position will spend approximately 50% of time conducting County Clerk duties and 50% of time conducting Human Resources activities. Performs other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties described below are indicative of what the Administrative Assistant II might be asked to perform. This job description is to incorporate any County Resolutions for the position of Administrative Specialist II. This position description is not designed to list all tasks and responsibilities of this position. Geary County reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need may arise. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Financial Management. Receives money from departments and public. Enters vouchers, balances accounts and mail checks. Scan vouchers as needed. Prepare reports such as income and expense reports including the Pennell building, utilities, employee benefits and Animal Shelter. Issues fish and games permits and balances accounts. Conducts bank statement reconciliation on flex accounts. Prepares Cereal Malt Beverage licenses and collects fees. Balance and deposit cash drawer. Provides assistance and backup to the Payroll Specialist for payroll. Issue moving permits.
Administrative Duties. Files various documents into personnel files and Human Resources files. Maintains the inventory system. Drafts correspondence as directed. Makes phone calls and schedules meetings. Takes meeting minutes as needed. Scans documents and performs quality check on images. Makes trips to post office and other places of business as needed. Maintains assigned internet pages, social media and department website as assigned. Attends investigatory meetings, takes notes and prepares memorandums.
Human Resources Duties. Assists with the HRIS process, running and auditing reports, maintaining benefit information and deductions. Assists with new hire orientation and benefit enrollment information. Participates in on-going training, attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of current laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to elections and HR. Maintains current workplace posters. Perform clerical related duties including providing information, answering phones, and scheduling. Provide written and verbal assistance to county employees and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required at the time of hire or for the continuation of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of administrative clerical and computer experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of policies, procedures, and activities of County as they pertain to the performance of duties relating to the job of Administrative Specialist.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
- Ability to take control of situations in a responsible manner.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply County, State, and Federal policies and legislation, i.e. local ordinances, procedure manuals, SDS sheets, safety manuals; and warning labels.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Ability to operate various types of equipment – standard office equipment, computer and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Other equipment could be required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional and friendly manner with customers, citizens, co-workers and management.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to develop, interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence, Federal, State, and local regulations, SDS, safety manuals, operating and repair manuals, etc; and warning labels.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to respond to complaints and grievances posed by the public.
- Ability to define problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
- Ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems.
PHYSICAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environments described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and/or move (up to 50 pounds), grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Works in an office setting.
- Due to the volume, scope, size of staff and nature of public service this office provides, full-time regular attendance is essential.
_____________________________ __________ _______________________ __________
Supervisor Date Department Head Date
Human Resources Director Date
EMPLOYEE REVIEW: I have read the above and understand that it is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. I have been given a copy of this description.
_______________________________ ___________ _____________________________________
Incumbent’s Signature Date Incumbent’s name printed
4/5/2019 12:00:00 AM