Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: Elevator Inspector III
Salary: $0 Hourly
Veterans' Preference is available for this vacancy.
To receive Veterans' Preference, you must supply a copy of your DD214 to the Human Resources department at Sedgwick County after applying.
Ensures and maintains compliance with applicable regulatory guidance governing elevator (conveyance) systems and equipment. Performs inspections in the course of construction, alteration or repair and must assess all elevator (conveyance) applications in the field for code compliance and be able to communicate discrepancies to the customer and explain code requirements. Employee works alone in the field and demonstrates superb customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
Elevator Inspection of Residential & Commercial Systems
- Perform inspections in the course of construction, alteration, and repair for compliance with all applicable/adopted codes and safety standards and manage and maintain records utilizing electronic devices in the field.
- Ensures compliance with plan design as previously submitted and approved.
- Communicate code information and/or references to validate inspection results.
- Follows up on corrections to ensure that corrections have been satisfied.
- Document into Hansen
- Define deficiencies succinctly.
- Cite specific code reference.
- Give specific date for remediation if applicable.
- Monitors permits and ensures that applicable inspections are scheduled and performed.
Code Enforcement and Investigations:
- Investigates complaints, reported safety issues and potential code violations.
- Assists management and legal staff in addressing violations, gather relevant documentation and possibly testify in court or in administrative hearings.
Education and Training:
- Maintain required certifications through continuing education.
- Stay abreast of code changes and code adoptions.
Integrity: Displays and promotes conduct and behaviors consistent with agency and governmental standards. Familiarizes oneself with the pertinent rules and regulations that govern their area of responsibility. Applies rules and regulations in a consistent, non-biased manner, maintaining an inclusive work environment. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information. Guards the handling of sensitive or high risk information appropriately. Demonstrates sensitivity to surroundings and acts accordingly in conversations. Does the right thing rather than the convenient thing.
Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Action Oriented: Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary, works with vigor, effectiveness and determination over a sustained period.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through the appropriate methods and media for target audiences in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Ensures appropriate stakeholders are kept informed and that information shared is accurate and timely. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
Subject Matter Expertise: The ability to apply the principles and practices of (subject matter) management to contribute to the success of the county.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Years of Experience: Five years of experience in the Electrical or Elevator Construction Industry as master elevator mechanic certificate holder or master electrician certificate holder.
License, certifications, etc.
- Valid State of Kansas Driver’s License.
- Master Elevator Mechanic Certificate OR Master Electrician Certificate.
- NCPCCI Elevator Inspector Certificate.
- QEI Elevator Inspector Certificate.
- ICC Commercial Building Inspector Certificate and NCPPCI Burglar and Fire Alarm Inspector Certificate within 12 months of hire.
Educational Requirements: Associate's Degree from Accredited College or five years of training from an accredited Elevator Trade School. Inspection experience is highly desirable.
Years of Experience: Six or more years of experience in the Elevator Construction Industry as a master elevator mechanic.
License, certifications, etc.
- Master Elevator Mechanic Certificate.
- ICC Commercial Building Inspector Certificate.
- NCPPCI Burglar and Fire Alarm Inspector Certificate.
Must have a valid Kansas Driver's License Must acquire two inspector certifications within 12 months after hired. Must have G.E.D. or High School Diploma
Usual working days/hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Location of work: 271 W 3rd St N
Salary Range: $19.398 - $23.891 (hourly)
The employee is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
4/5/2019 12:00:00 AM
5/5/2019 11:59:59 PM