To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Pratt Community College
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Salary: $0 Monthly
General Description and Purpose
The Athletic Trainer is delegated the responsibility for development, organization, supervision, and management of the Athletic Trainer program.
- Provide injury prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation for athletes.
- Handle all referrals to physicians when necessary.
- Verify athlete welfare regarding decisions about returning to participation after an injury.
- Process all athletic insurance injury claims.
- Develop and administer training room supplies budget.
- Recruiting of sports medicine students.
- Work cooperatively with coaches regarding specific training needs during each season.
- Maintain injury and rehabilitation progress records on all athletes.
- Handle initial injury evaluations.
- Act as an academic advisor to student trainers.
- Collect previous health history and sports injury history and physical examination information.
- Be an active member of the Beaver Backers Booster Club and actively participate in fundraising for the athletic program, including respective sport.
- Plan and conduct summer training workshops.
- All other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Athletic Training Facilities as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer and other associated medical personnel in the prevention and care of athletic injuries for the Intercollegiate Athletic Program at Pratt Community College.
- This position requires the ability to lift heavy objects and work long hours.
- Ability to successfully complete the administrative tasks of the position.
Coordination and Accountability Tasks
- Schedule coverage for practices, games, meets, and matches of athletic events for Pratt Community College.
- Coordinate public education programs concerning sports medicine.
Supervises the Following Staff
- Supervise all student workers involved with the program including managers, statistician, etc
- Supervise all student trainers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
- Willingness to understand the community college role and mission.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administration and community.
- Ability to communicate with and command respect from students and serve as a role model to them.
- Athletic training experience at high school and/or college level preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred)
Certifications and/or Licensure
- Office, and indoor settings as well as outdoor work in various weather conditions.
- Position requires evening and weekend work.
4/5/2019 12:00:00 AM