To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Math Adjunct Instructor (On-Campus)
The Math adjunct instructor works cooperatively with the Division Leader and with other college personnel in following through on stated policies and procedures. The adjunct instructor is responsible for facilitating, guiding, and evaluating student learning. The adjunct instructor is also responsible for submitting reports and documents to the Division Leader in a timely fashion and maintaining appropriate Canvas material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Prepare essential learning objectives, lesson plans, and assignments.
- Complete course assessment requirements.
- Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
- Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
- Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (with 24-36 hrs.).
- Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
A Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics.
A Master's Degree in Mathematics or a Master's Degree with 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics. Previous teaching experience and/or closely related work experience is also preferred.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com (Supporting documents may be emailed to: email@example.com)
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact, Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
4/9/2019 12:00:00 AM