To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President
Performs administrative support for the President.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists the President with special projects and provides assistance to visitors, board members, or campus community.
- Provides confidential administrative support to members of administration and staff. Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and meetings.
- Prepares handouts, attendance reservations, luncheons, agendas, and reports for the board of trustees meetings and administration meetings.
- Maintains and reviews budgets for President's Office and other budgets relating to the President's office.
- Screens incoming mail, publications, and other correspondence.
- Maintains daily appointment calendar for the President; communicates information regarding cancellations or changes. Coordinates meetings and makes appointments when necessary.
- Assists the President and Vice Presidents with daily administrative support, projects, and preparation for meetings.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
1. To provide timely, accurate, professional administrative support.
2. To keep relevant information confidential.
3. To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
4. To support President on designated special projects.
5. To resolve problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, preferred.
Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills Proficiency in MS Office products preferred. Prior experience as an executive secretary and/or work in higher education preferred. Additional course work in business or management desired. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner is required.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
4/9/2019 12:00:00 AM