To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services/Admissions
Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: $11.00 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers.
Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
Provide quality customer service and guidance for visitors and callers in order to deliver the best possible experience and maintain the exceptional standard that WSU Tech strives to provide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for greeting all visitors to the assigned WSU Tech campus including students, prospective students, faculty and guests to the college in a professional and courteous manner. Assess various needs of each individual and assist them appropriately in a timely manner.
- Maintains effective liaison and communication with other departments and divisions of the college. Directs students and visitors to the appropriate resources, meeting rooms & locations.
- Maintains records and information in the ERP system (Banner). Performs data clean up and processing in Banner to ensure adherence to WSU Tech Data Standards and prevent duplicate IDs. Reviews and corrects addresses from returned mail, debt services and other sources.
- Provides visitors with required paperwork or forms when necessary in order to expedite services.
- Assists as a member of the switchboard call team. Receives and processes incoming switchboard calls promptly and with a pleasant voice and positive attitude; transfer calls to the appropriate office/individual with timeliness and accuracy. When able, provide accurate information and directions to students, staff and other callers in order to minimize “run-around” and additional transfers.
- Assists with projects such as mailings, packet assembly, phone campaigns etc. in support of student services and other departments as requested by supervisor.
- At all times, engage in and promote teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
- Attends meetings and training sessions. Projects an image of professionalism, including in conduct, communication, and attire.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- A High School diploma or GED is required.
- An Associate’s degree in a job-related field is preferred.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- User-level knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- Ability to operate various office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
4/12/2019 12:00:00 AM