To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Sedgwick County
Job Title: PT Groundskeeper
Salary: $9.45 Hourly
Performs all duties associated with maintenance, care and development of indoor and outdoor plant displays, collections, and exhibits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge of equipment and maintaining of landscape.
- Effectively and timely communicates to supervisors all botanical related items.
- Maintains all assigned horticulture or botanical functions.
- Through consultation with supervisors and other resources develops and maintains a skillset of installation for all botanical, landscape and hardscape products.
- Develop the ability to read and execute landscape projects from construction documents or landscape designs.
- Performs a wide range of landscape/maintenance tasks important to cultivation, preservation, protection, and transplanting of existing and new plants; including but not limited to soil preparation, planting, mulching, and weeding, watering, fertilizing, irrigating, IPM and pesticide application.
- Participate in care of turf areas, woody plants, and herbaceous ornamental plants; including but not limited to mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, pinching, repotting, watering, fertilizing, and pest control.
- Observes health of botanical collection and reports issues or concerns immediately.
- Performs greenhouse management tasks as required
Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly; focusing on being part of the solution.
Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
Problem Solving: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to. Achieves goals beyond job requirements. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of their work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction.
Subject Matter Expertise: The ability to apply the principles and practices of (subject matter) management to contribute to the success of the county.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience: Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
License, certifications, etc… Valid State of Kansas Driver’s License
Educational Requirements: Acquiring a degree from an accredited college or university in Horticulture, Botany, or related field
Years of Experience: 1 year practical work experience in Horticulture related field
License, certifications, etc… Kansas Pesticide Applicator License
Usual working days/hours: 19.75 hours per week
Location of work: Zoo
The employee is subject to activities that occur in both inside and outside environmental conditions. The employee is subject to potential hazards of working near dangerous animals.
*Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice*
*This position may be filled or closed to further application without notice. Must be at least 18 years of age to work for Sedgwick County*
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Crissy Magee, Sedgwick County ADA Coordinator, by phone (316) 660-7056, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777), or email at email@example.com. Do not send resumes or application status request or employment questions to this email or phone number. This information is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. Applications must be submitted on www.hrepartners.com. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate. Sedgwick County will prohibit the hiring of spouses and/or immediate family members within the same department, but not within the County structure.
4/15/2019 12:00:00 AM
4/29/2019 11:59:59 PM