To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Instructor
The purpose of this position is to develop and deliver specifically designed industrial maintenance and related skills training programs. These training programs may be conducted on a GCCC campus or at a business location and may be held during the day, evenings and/or weekends. The successful applicant will be a part of the Garden City Community College’s Technical Education and Workforce Development educational team working in a rapidly changing environment specializing in creative and innovative hands-on instruction. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Related work experience in electromechanical trades.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license.
Scope of the Job:
- Assess the educational and training needs of businesses.
- Contact trainers and arrange for equipment and supplies.
- Develop co-sponsoring partnerships and curriculum for courses.
- Prepare and monitor budget and progress for each course.
- Seek appropriate level of funding and/or tuition fee structures to meet GCCC budget guidelines.
- Develop, organize, and prepare training materials and curriculum.
- Conduct Industrial Maintenance training.
- Coordinate Industrial Maintenance and continuing education training for area businesses including on-line, hands-on and classroom programs related to Electrical, Electronics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Motors and Drives, PLC’s, Welding, Boiler Operation, and other related Electromechanical areas.
- Evaluate courses and recommend continuation or revision.
- Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
ASSIGNMENT: Reports to the Dean of Technical Education and Workforce Development.
SALARY: Based on qualifications and experience.
APPLY: Position will remain open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2019
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position
- Complete an online application at www.gcccks.edu
- Personal resume
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Director of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference.
*Please note supporting documents can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions please call Human Resouces at 620-276-0362.
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact the Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM