To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Volleyball Coach
Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition; observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement; and coaches players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of sport coached.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and Travel Coordinator.
- Serve as assistant to the head coach, analyze student athlete performance, instruct student athletes in practices and games regarding techniques and strategies required for optimal performance and success, communicate regularly with head coach to ensure consistency.
- Monitor student athlete classroom attendance and study hall to ensure compliance with NJCAA standards and program expectations.
- To understand the rules and regulations of National Athletic Associations.
- To adhere to community life, National and State Athletic Association standards.
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through athletics.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years to five years of coaching volleyball at a high school/club level or higher.
Education: A Bachelor's degree.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Knowledge of NJCAA and NCAA rules and regulations. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information in a professional manner. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office. Demonstrated ability to display courtesy, tact and diplomacy during regular personal contact with others made both inside and outside of the college when exchanging information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation.
Preferred Skills: 3+ years of experience recruiting at the collegiate level. Video/Camera proficiency and knowledge (Ex: Hulu video exchange and similar software). Experience working/organizing/advertising camps/clinics. Demonstrated ability to create and market events.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
4/18/2019 12:00:00 AM