To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Garnett
Job Title: Part-time Park/Cemetery Laborer
Pay based on qualifications, $8-12/hr. The position will remain open until filled, with the first review of applications occurring on May 6. EOE.
Under the supervision of the Parks Superintendent, the park and cemetery part-time maintenance worker performs manual labor work in maintaining all city parks and city property, ball fields, lake and reservoir grounds and cemetery. General responsibilities include watering, edging, weed trimming, mowing, brush and trash removal, tree trimming, maintenance, other city beautification projects, and nuisance property maintenance.
This position is a permanent seasonal position, working from March to October annually a maximum of 999 hours per year.
Examples of Work Performed
* Mows, trims and edges the grass in city parks, lakes reservoir, and ball fields, cemetery and streetscape areas such at 4th and 5th Avenues;
* Maintains landscaping in front of City Hall and Donna Harris Memorial Park;
* Cleans and maintains restrooms at city park facilities;
* Paints facilities, prepares ball fields and sprays weeds;
* Empties trash barrels in city parks and keeps parks clean of trash and debris;
* Digs and fills graves;
* Assists in the cleanup, mowing and trimming of nuisance properties;
* Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Experience: Less than one year of laborer experience. Experience in lawncare, horticulture and equipment, and knowledge of equipment maintenance preferred but not manditory. Employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform the job reasonably well within three months in the position.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Skills: The ability to operate mowers, tractors, weed eater, chain saw, brush cutter and other department equipment. Backhoe experience helpful.
Problem Solving: Problem solving is not a factor in this position.
Decision-Making: Decision making is not a factor in this position.
Accountability: Employee is not responsible for budgetary control of department and does not participate in the annual departmental budgetary process.
Supervision: Supervision is provided, and job-related decisions are reviewed by the Director of Parks and Recreation. Employee does not have supervisory responsibility over subordinate personnel.
Personal Relations: Occasional contact with other city departments and continual with the general public.
Working Conditions: Manual labor is required. Extreme weather conditions are a factor in this position.
4/22/2019 12:00:00 AM
5/31/2019 11:59:59 PM