To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: Garden City Community College
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
To assist with the operations and activities of the Athletic Training Room and is responsible for the treatment of injuries suffered by student athletes, and/or recommending other medical treatment as needed. Has an understanding and working knowledge of The National Athletic Trainer's Association's Code of Ethics, familiarity with the American Medical Association guidelines for injuries and the codes and rules set forth by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts. Reports to Head Athletic Trainer.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Treats injuries and recommends medical attention for athletes injured in sporting events.
- Provides administrative support to sporting events and assists athletic director as needed.
- Provides injury preventative education to athletes and coaches and also provides rehabilitation of injuries through nutrition counseling and/or physical activities. As a certified athletic trainer, must be highly skilled and knowledgeable in six areas known as the domains of athletic training. They are: prevention of athletic injuries; recognition, evaluation and assessment of injuries;immediate care of injuries, treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning of athletic injuries, health care administration; and professional development and responsibility.
- Maintain contact with local physicians and supply distributors.
- Prepares necessary paperwork related to injury reports, insurance reports and training manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To understand policies and procedures of National and State Athletic Associations rules, code of conduct and eligibility requirements.
- To adhere to community/life and National and State standards.
- To demonstrate leadership on our campus through athletics.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine or related field. Master's degree preferred or intentions to complete a Master's degree.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature; giving or obtaining information, building relationships or soliciting cooperation. Work may involve motivating or influencing others.
Other Skills: Experience in an academic discipline or higher education is desired. Two years professional experience at the college level preferred. Computer proficiency and familiarity with wordprocessing and database software desired (Microsoft Office preferred). A bachelor's degree in athletic training or related field. Master's degree in related field preferred. National Athletic Trainer's Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) necessary. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are necessary. CPR/First Aid Certification required; CPR/First Aid Instructor Preferred: Kansas State Board of Healing Arts Licensure necessary. An understanding and working knowledge of The National Athletic Trainer's Association's Code of Ethics, Familiarity with the American Medical Association guidelines for injuries and the codes and rules set forth by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts is required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands for this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Assistant Athletic Trainer. The essential functions are but not limited to lifting, carrying equipment, sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking. Requires the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. It also requires constant hand grasp and finger dexterity; extended standing, walking and repetitive leg and arm movements; occasional bending; reaching forward, side to side, downward and overhead; and squatting and kneeling. Job requires above average agility and dexterity. At times, it will be necessary to lift, push/pull or carry as much as 50 pounds or more.
Work Environment: Work is generally indoors but could be ocassional exposure to variable conditions such as the outdoors and weather.
To complete the application process, candidates must submit:
- Application letter expressing interest in position.
- Personal resume
- Fill out online application at www.hrepartners.com. Please submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of college transcripts and appropriate certificates
- Up to three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the office of Human Resources by the individual providing the reference
Human Resources Office
Garden City Community College
801 Campus Drive
Garden City, KS 67846
(620) 276-0362; FAX (620) 276-9573
Garden City Community College does not discriminate against applicants, employees or students on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons, or handicap, nor will sexual harassment be tolerated, in its employment practices and/or educational programs or activities. Those concerned about the above should contact Human Resources, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9574.
Garden City Community College is complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and is committed to equal and reasonable access to facilities and programs for all employees, students and visitors. Those with ADA concerns, or who need special accommodations, should contact Coordinator of Accommodations, Garden City Community College, 801 Campus Drive, Garden City, KS 67846, 620-276-9638.
5/3/2019 12:00:00 AM