To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Job Title: Recycle Lead
Starting Wage: $14.64/hr
Position Summary: Participate in and supervise the promotion and management of the day-to-day activities of the City of El Dorado recycle program.
Operational and Planning Activities
- Distributes educational information to the public and builds/maintains public awareness regarding recycling.
- Maintains an awareness of the safe handling of all supplies and equipment.
- Deals with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains recycle buildings and equipment on both a preventative and corrective maintenance program and schedule and maintain daily log sheets. Report and fill out any needed documentation for defective equipment or building maintenance needs.
- Provides supervision and leadership back up as needed. Provides problem solving and corrective action in an interim situation.
- Assists citizens in unloading recyclables and distributes to appropriate locations.
- Uses the skid loader and bails all materials.
- Loads material that has been sold, counts and maintains stock records.
- Performs supply inventory for operation of recycle center and submits requests for additional supplies as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly safety meetings.
- Manages recycle employees and inmates while on-site reporting and documenting any personnel issues.
- Responds to requests by immediate supervisor in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Performs other manual labor and maintenance duties as assigned including assisting other divisions or departments when needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years supervisory experience required.
- Two years’ experience driving a truck or working in waste management preferred.
- CDL Class B (Must obtain within first 90 days of employment)
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Heavy equipment mechanics
- Communications radio
- Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to operate skid steer or fork lift
Above Average ability to:
- Concentrate for prolonged periods of time with minimal breaks
- Remember information
- Make complex decisions
- Solve problems
Average ability to:
- Utilize five senses including distinguishing color
- Move from place to place on the jobsite considering distance and speed
- Maneuver body and move with agility
- Handle equipment and tools
- Maneuver 80 pound objects and tools
- Move hands and fingers
- Maintain coordination, balance and endurance
- Average exposure to heights.
Above average exposure to:
- Weather and temperature extremes
- Work safety hazards including below grade and cramped work sites
- Overtime and extended hours
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, loud noises, and darkness
5/3/2019 12:00:00 AM
5/31/2019 11:59:59 PM