To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of El Dorado
Job Title: Facility Maintenance-Part time
Position Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day set ups and cleaning of City owned and operated facilities including removing of debris, keeping areas neat, and overseeing weekly, monthly, and annual cleaning maintenance.
- Follow cleaning schedule. Use log sheets to log additional work and report issues to supervisor. Monitor schedule for planned daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks and insure completion.
- Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. Vacuums and cleans carpets, empties trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures. Restock dispensers with supplies needed for day-to-day use and special events.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classes, conferences, and events.
- Maintain and promote safe practices for use and storage of chemicals and supplies.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools on an incidental basis.
- Report for all assigned shifts.
- Demonstrate quality interpersonal communication with citizens, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills and ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform basic repairs on provided hand and power tools
- Ability to operate a vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other City personnel
Above Average ability to:
- Concentrate for prolonged periods of time with minimal breaks
- Remember information
- Solve problems
Average ability to:
- Utilize five senses including distinguishing color
- Move from place to place on the jobsite considering distance and speed
- Maneuver body and move with agility
- Handle equipment and tools
- Maneuver 40 pound objects and tools
- Move hands and fingers
- Maintain coordination, balance and endurance
Above average exposure to:
- Work hours will vary according to scheduled uses of the facilities
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, loud noises, and darkness
5/3/2019 12:00:00 AM