To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Lansing
Job Title: Public Works Director
Salary: $71258.00 Annually
The city of Lansing, Kansas, is accepting applications for the position of Public Works Director. Lansing is a growing community uniquely located on the Missouri River in Leavenworth County. It is 25 minutes from Kansas City International Airport and 15 minutes north of the Kansas Speedway. Lansing has a small town atmosphere with big city accessibility. This position serves as the director of the department with highly responsible managerial and supervisory work in planning, organizing and directing all activities in the Public Works Department. Responsibilities of the director include operation and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure system including streets, storm sewers, public buildings, equipment, street lighting, traffic control systems, and other infrastructure elements. Duties also include floodplain administrator, grant writing, budget preparation and management, community relations, and capital improvements projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Residency within the school district (USD #469) of Lansing for a minimum of five (5) years. After the five (5) year period, residency within the corporate limits of Leavenworth County is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Five years related experience and or training or a master’s degree from a college or university. Degree in engineering or closely related field.
- Five years of supervisory experience directly related to municipal Public Works administration or equivalent experience, education, and training.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One to five years related experience and or training and a master’s degree from a college or university. Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
- Kansas professional engineering certification.
How to Apply
For a full position description, please visit www.lansing.ks.us. Apply online at www.hrepartners.com. Salary Range is $71,258 - $108,391 DOQ. Full-time position with retirement benefits through the Kansas Public Employer’s Retirement system. Electronic applications only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
5/10/2019 12:00:00 AM
6/21/2019 11:59:59 PM