To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: WSU Tech
Division: Student Services/High School Partnerships
Job Title: Specialist, High School (Aviation & Manufacturing)
Salary: $16.66 Hourly
At the WSU Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology (WSU Tech) we are DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and providing the best trained workforce for area employers.
You are to deliver ENTHUSIASTIC, POSITIVE, and EXCEPTIONAL service, regardless of the job, working for our students, other employees, and community partners/employers. Show GRIT and GRACE and strive to give it your all 100% of the time, because you are to be of service. You will serve our students and your co-workers who deserve your best.
The High School Specialist upholds the College’s enrollment goals in promoting, recruiting, and supporting students in Aviation and Manufacturing pathways. This individual will manage travel schedules, implement recruitment strategies and build relationships with high school personnel, prospective students and other constituents using various forms of communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and documentation of the WSU Tech Recruitment Plan.
- Cultivates interest in WSU Tech. Visits targeted high schools, contact prospective and interested students, attend college fairs, foster relationships with church groups and community leaders to build positive rapport and create connections with groups and organizations such as Gear Up, Kansas Kids, Heritage Panel, AVID, etc.
- Builds relationships with community groups to build interest from working adults to attend WSU Tech.
- Maintains knowledge about all aspects of the admissions process for new students, including admissions policies and procedures, financial aid, costs, placement exams, registrations procedures, student housing etc.
- Be creative in the implementation of new programs and marketing tools to focus on first generation college students and their families.
- Supervises, supports and leverages student recruitment activities toward meeting individual program and enrollment goals.
- Maintains knowledge of all College programs and resources; maintains academic records and information in the ERP system.
- At all times, engages in and promote teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
- Attends meetings and training sessions. Projects an image of professionalism, including in conduct, communication, and dress.
- Supports block and dual credit students and partner USDs in implementing, offering, and continuing KSDE Aviation and Manufacturing pathways
- Works with WSU Tech Employer Relations to assist in transition of high school students into the workforce and/or applied learning opportunities.
- Assists with Future Maker Mobile Learning Lab events when schedule permits
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, or another related discipline required.
- One or more years of experience working in higher education admissions or a competitive sales/marketing environment preferred.
- Must also be sensitive to the attitudes of all prospective students and be aware of issues affecting their lives.
- A valid driver's license required.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work irregular hours (evenings and weekends).
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Excellent customer oriented written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- User-level knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong organization skills.
- An operating knowledge of Student Services software, such as Banner, is required within three months of entering the position.
Other Position Requirements:
- Works effectively and productively as a team member. Keeps others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department meetings, all-employee meetings/trainings as required. Ensures appropriate notification to supervisor for absences, and ensure that work is covered. Be flexible in work schedule when needed.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and take appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work; meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Focuses on the Shocker PROUD Competencies: Professional, Responsive, Open, Understanding and Dependable
- Participates in at least 20 hours of professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services, some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student needs, deadlines and delivery of services, including evening and weekend work when necessary. Long periods of sitting or standing will be required. Independent travel to by car and public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses when needed. If driving a personal vehicle for college business, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance is required.
All of the above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by the position. Duties and assignments may be modified as needed.
5/15/2019 12:00:00 AM