To apply for this vacancy Log In
Create an Account
Employer: City of Liberal
Job Title: Admin Assistant to City Clerk
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to provide paraprofessional staff support in one or more fields of administration. Some positions issue instructions on behalf of a supervisor and exercise direct supervision over a small number of employees. Work involves independent decision making on problems encountered within a defined activity area. The employee plans and organizes the workflow utilizing departmental rules, regulations, and procedures. Work is performed under the general direction of the City Clerk or City Manager, which evaluates performance based upon results.
- Reviews documents for completeness and accuracy;
- Composes and responds to a variety of correspondence;
- Interprets and makes decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and policies;
- Keeps detailed and accurate records;
- Completes necessary forms for retrieval of data and compiles reports from collected data;
- Responds to complaints or requests for service in person, by telephone, and in writing in accordance with established departmental policies and regulations;
- Monitors and compares data to determine compliance with prescribed operating standards;
- Collects and enters data and information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Issue business licenses in accordance with regulations.
- Complete agenda for commission meetings & take meeting minutes when required.
- Assist in the completion of paperwork for Cemetery in very accurate and detailed manner.
- Issue Golf Cart permits.
- Perform other essential or marginal functions as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Principles and practices of office management.
- Department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate orally with customers, clients, and the public using a telephone, in a face-to-face, one-to-one setting, and in a group setting.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Work under pressure (i.e., handling significant problems and tasks which come up simultaneously and/or unexpectedly and approaching deadlines).
- Operate keyboard devices such as calculators, PC, and CRT.
- Establish priorities for own workload based upon such factors as need for immediate action, work objectives and schedules.
- Exercise independent initiative and judgment.
- Work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation to effectively perform job duties. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Be able to attend commission meetings on occasions.
- Be a very organized individual.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Two years of experience performing clerical duties or a Bachelor's degree in Public or Business Administration or a related field. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
City of Liberal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City of Liberal does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
5/15/2019 12:00:00 AM